Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Picasso

Tender moments and lasting memories are most often the result of sharing simple things.  

This summer I shared my hobby with my granddaughters for the first time. Up to now, my paint brushes and art stuff has been off limits and in the "do not touch" category, but this summer, well it was time to graduate to the real stuff.  They have shared the water color books and my not so good brushes, but this year their eyes lit up when I told the girls they could use real paint and my real brushes. I gave them a little pink, green, yellow and blue acrylic paint and had them start their own creation.  Not really sure what to do, one of them started by drawing her favorite flowers and almost immediately, with the skill of a professional artist,  she  began adding her leaves and just like that she created her first masterpiece. 


Much to my delight the end result has been worth more than any art lesson I could have shared with them that day.  






 Pablo Picasso, the famous artist once said ... "Every child is an Artist.  The problem is how to remain an Artist once he/she grows up." 

They reminded me that sometimes in the grind of life we lose our sense of childlike wonder and that we should trust God with a child's simplicity and receptivity.  There are many ways to measure success, but doing the things you can, and letting God handle the things you can't, makes beautiful art on the canvas of our lives. 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
~ Matthew 11:28







No comments:

Post a Comment