Friday, February 12, 2010

Love Is Dancing The Hokie Pokie

She has never had a dance lesson, but Kyrstin, our little Great Granddaughter has skillfully mastered every move in the "Hokie-Pokie" dance.

When she visits her "Papa and Gramma Berta" she is so eager to show us her grace and elegance as she stretches and points her right foot in, and puts her right foot out and then she shakes it all about. She does the "Hokie-Pokie" and she turns herself around. Now that's what I'm talking about.


"Love Is Priceless"


We all applauded as if we've just seen a ballet show on Broadway, and then she continues on with her left foot, and repeats the whole thing again. The best one is when she throws her whole self in, and throws her whole self out..well, what can I say, you know the rest of the song because admit it, you are singing along right now. Aren't you? I wish I could hear you!

At that moment, this precious little two and half year old has just asked her 70-something year old Papa to dance with her, and without reluctance he jumps to his feet and is entertaining the rest of us with his skill and dance moves. Mind you, he's learned a few steps watching Dancing With The Stars. That night only one star was in the room and that was Kyrstin. Do you suppose our Heavenly Father watches us with such delight as we do our loved ones? I think so. He allows us to be called his children. That night was priceless. Love is priceless. 

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:16

3 comments:

  1. I can totally see it! And now I do have that song in my head! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often remind myself of that exact thing. If I love family,my children, grandchildren, with every ounce of my being... If I tear up with so much love in my heart I can hardly breathe...I realize that the love God has for each of us is that and more. Every time I let feelings of being insignificant into my heart I am reminded by a message from friend, a bible verse posted, or a blog from a loved one, that He care cares for me the way I care for the people in my life and it brings me the oveflowing emotions you have just described. Yes ... He loves us and will not forsake us. He knows my name! How awesome is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Priceless! The only thing great about getting older is Grandchildren. It makes me smile and laugh just to remember her doing this over and over. Not to mention watching everyone else in the room, forget themselves, and be right there with her trying every move. (even from your chair) lol

    ReplyDelete